Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Exodus 33:14

Yesterday, I got a very encouraging voicemail and email from my grandmother in Chattanooga. She quoted Exodus 33:14 when God told Moses "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. As I thought about it, I was reminded that God was promising Moses that he would go with him and use him for his purposes as long as Moses was obedient to God's leadership in his life. God was calling Moses to step out on faith and do something he could not do on his own. During his leadership journey, Moses would face problems, frustrations, and he even made some major mistakes along the way, but God continued to lead Moses and use him to accomplish His purposes.

Now, I know none of us on the launch team are Moses and we are not even in that same leadership league. I doubt very seriously if any of us have the experience or ability to lead thousands of people through the wilderness. In fact, I can't even lead myself and 3 others in an adventure race without getting lost. At the same time, God has called us to do something significant in our own generation...that is to plant a church that will reach unchurched people for Christ. Like Moses we can have the confidence that God will lead us and go with us because he is the one who called us to this mission. And, like Moses, we can expect some obstacles and disappointments along the way. However, no matter what happens we must never take our eyes off of Christ. This is His church. His mission. His calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment