Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baptism BBQ Bash - Part 2

Some exciting things are happening in the life of a 14 year old student named Cole. Check out Cole's story which he recently shared at Northwest just before his baptism. God is at work in this guy's life!  

Before my relationship with Jesus Christ, I was getting called out on my sins and I knew I needed to change. I thought church was the most boring place to be…just one hour of boredom. But, I DID know that God should be an important part of your life. I tried to understand but all I was doing was thinking about myself and my plans instead of the Lord and His plans. One Sunday morning we went to church and one of the pastors talked about baptism and that got my attention. For the first time church wasn’t boring. I paid attention and after church I thought hard about my life and man was that a serious time. And man I needed to make some changes about my life. Once I began to “a hunger for the Lord” as Will says my relationship with God just kept getting stronger and stronger. I became excited about church and eventually I brought my sin to the cross and started anew.

After that many changes happened in my life. My relationship with Christ changed the way I looked at the world and my life was filled with joy, hope, and love.  Here is a little story to prove it. At my school there were four kids. Three of them did not care much about the Lord and one of them had just moved from Africa and had never been introduced to the Lord. Then, three weeks later the kid from Africa and two of the other guys became Christ followers and I was surprised at the difference God made in their lives. Since then I have been telling my dad I want to be baptized to show the world that I am a follower of Jesus too.  One Sunday our pastor made a good point.  Will said that “Baptism is just a symbol. It does not make you go to heaven or make you right with God. Baptism simply shows people that you have accepted Jesus Christ into your heart. Baptism is a lot like a wedding ring. Even if you take a ring off you are still married.” That was the coolest concept I had ever heard. So here I am today telling you that I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior and I hope that I can wear this symbol of baptism with pride and show the world my love for the Lord.




1 comment:

  1. Life change! That's what it is all about!
    Great testimony!

    ReplyDelete