Monday, August 30, 2010

Oklahoma Sports and Fitness Magazine

In order to recharge my batteries and tackle the challenges of church planting with renewed energy, I need a steady diet of outdoor adventures. This year, one of my goals is to trail run the entire 165 mile Ozark Highlands Trail which basically runs across the western third of Arkansas. Typically I will knock out a 15-20 mile section on a Saturday morning once a month. It usually takes several hours to set the runs up due to the fact that the trailheads are in remote areas and require leaving one vehicle at the start and one vehicle at the finish. Besides the thrill of adventure, my favorite part about trail running is being able to share the experience with a group of friends and the conversations we have about life along the way. This month I was able to document some of my experiences on the OHT in the October/September issue of Oklahoma Sports and Fitness magazine which is tying to broaden its readership into parts of TX, MO, and AR. Here is a direct link to the article:

No comments:

Post a Comment