Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Life Change

Life change is huge at Northwest Community Church. We celebrate life change. Promote life change. Preach about life change. And we even pray for life change. Why? Because life change is the byproduct of our vision…To lead people to experience a new life in Christ.   

Check out Crystal's story below. Give thanks to God for His ability to restore us. And then consider getting involved in the life of Northwest Community Church. 

Crystal's Story of Life Change

I was born and raised here in beautiful Northwest Arkansas along with an older sister and a younger brother.  My parents divorced when I was really little so it was just mom and us. We didn’t regularly attend any kind of church service so I never knew much about the bible or Christianity. During high school I did try out a few churches, but for the wrong reasons, and none of them seemed to fit. I found them boring and unrelatable, and I just couldn’t understand why someone would want to wake up on a Sunday and go to church when they could do something else with their time. After high school I married my high school sweetheart and we had 4 amazing kids. We would send the kids to bible school during the summer to keep them busy and occupied, but still we never attended ourselves. Again, I was too busy or too tired, or one of a million different excuses. There just wasn’t time for church in my life.

Just before Thanksgiving we became a family in need. There was no money for food and definitely no money for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Amy from Cooper Elementary School called me one day, out of the blue, and said that there was a local church who wanted to sponsor my family during the holiday season. I was shocked because I hadn’t even reached out to anyone asking for help. This was the best thing that could have happened for my family. Because of the generosity of Northwest Community Church and Cathy, Kent, and Cole Doughty our family was able to enjoy a full Thanksgiving meal, as well as some other needed groceries.  Because of the church and the Doughtys we were able to celebrate Christmas.  And believe me the kids had a blast! But most importantly they embraced me and my family when we were broken and desperate. They laid the groundwork on my heart to change my life. God knew my needs more than I even knew. He knew my heart was aching and I needed direction in my life. 

Cathy and Kent invited me to church and this was a new turning point in my life because I truly felt the love that this church had for me, and I felt a new hunger to grow with the Lord. From the moment I walked in I could feel that I was at home. The message was amazing; and all I could think was “thank you Jesus, I need you in my life”. Since I started coming to church I’ve gained so much. I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior, I’ve become ransomed, my relationship with Jesus is getting stronger each day, and I am striving daily to learn and develop and lay my roots as a proud Christian wife and mother for my family.

To read more stories of life change check out the Stories link on our website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment